Who am I too try to teach you something?
Well, I am just like you – a photographer with a passion for creating beautiful art for my clients.
About me as a a businesswoman:
– Became a photographer by accident (I was just trying to figure out what to do with my life) – Started Pinkstudio back in December 2007 (and had no clue on how to run a company)
– From 2007-2013: Ran everything from home, with the “shoot and burn” model.
– Moved into my studio in late 2014.
– 2014: (a month or two after moving in to the new studio) Epiphany time! I realised that even if I was doing OK compared to most other photographers, I was working my ass of for less than minimum wage. I would make more at a full time McJob, and have more time with my family. So I decided to make it or brake it. Either I did this, or I closed it down.
2014-until to day: Have read, listened, watched just about anything about making money as a photographer.
2015: I made more than 100% more than in 2014.
2016: I am making more than in 2015 – and with a bigger profit-percentage.
About me as a photographer:
– Weddings are my passion, I love love love weddings (I married my husband 3 times, so far).
– I have done a little of everything, but my main focus has always been weddings and babies.
– I would describe my style as simple, bright with a twist of a documentary style.
– High service, making sure my clients have a great experience from when they walk in the door, until they leave with their finished products.
The private parts:
– Married to John (thrice), who is my biggest cheerleader – supporting me and my business all the way.
– Two times a mother – Louise from ’96 and Lasse from ’01 – many hours of free child-labour right there 😉
– Live in Odense, Denmark. Half Danish, Half Scottish.
– Three cats, Balder (old grumpy one), Zeus (mommas boy!), Artemis (found her as a kitten, almost freezing and starving to death a cold winter morning, she now rules the house)- Workaholic – stubborn – has a bit of a temper – has an unhealthy addiction to coca cola light, chocolate and tv-series.